There are newer employer reviews for Berkeley College

I was more stimulated by conversations with my coworkers than the job itself.

Former Employee - Admissions Associate
Former Employee - Admissions Associate

I worked at Berkeley College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My department truly acted as a team, and made it fun to come to work everyday. I met a lot of new people everyday, and received great experience in learning how to think on my feet.

Cons

The company relied on old tactics, and never seemed open to new and fresh ideas. Nepotism seemed to play a large part in whether you were successful there.

Advice to Management

Be more open to new ideas on how to expand your business.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Berkeley College is the best place to work

Current Employee - Department Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Department Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Berkeley College full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Berkeley College is all about servicing students. I've worked here for 10 years and the professionalism, the high quality of work produced and the amazing entrepreneurial spirit make going to work a pleasure every day. The College has been highly ranked in the Best Places to Work in both New Jersey and New York for 10 years straight. We work hard and play hard and are appreciated for what we do.

Cons

Communication could be better. I’d like to know more about what’s happening on the other campuses.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

Bootleg College

Current Employee - Admissions Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Admissions Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Berkeley College

Pros

Work only 35/week for salaried employees. 12 days PTO- 4 carryover each year, desk job and college fairs, meet a lot of HS students. Dept buys lunch at least twice a month. Front office will favor seasoned employees to interview more qualified students,
    Ability to have a "Wing It" attitude, make up deadline to support urgency to apply for college. Offer Financial Aid Support and ideas, Qualify students for scholarships. 2-3 yearly get together- awesome food. Direct students to various majors. Excellent telemarketing opportunity. Work from home/ remote ability. Promotion is based on net numbers. Highly sales oriented. Most HS students are naive

Cons

For Profit Organization. Advised to take work home, No team work or team building. Admissions Directors will ask you to misrepresent information. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.
    Huge gap/miscommunication between Financial Aid and Admissions dept New students are re-directed to majors they are not interested, cause BC offers it. Apprx 40% freshman leave after 6-9 months. Apprx 36% graduation rate. Students complain about classes being cancelled because of low enrollment rate. Not all campus offers all majors. 85% students accepted that apply- Highly expensive for low standard education. Not competitive. Policies are changing every month

Advice to Management

In business for 80+ years but still lacks every component to be an industry leader. Have 2-3 locations instead for 8, Under promise and over deliver and not the opposite.