Berkeley USD
www.berkeley.k12.ca.us Berkeley, CA

The good, the bad, the ugly

ProsThe diversity and community support. Berkeley is an exciting place to be the and the kids are great. Committed and dedicated teachers who regularly go above and beyond.

ConsThe achievement gap is overwhelming! The difference between the people who are privileged and those who are needy is staggering and those who are privileged talk the talk about equality but not at the expense of their own children.

Advice to Senior ManagementAre we really ready to look at issues of equality? Or are we just jumping on the 2020 vision without really putting any meat behind it?

A great pleasure to work with ....

Bus Driver (Former Employee)
    Berkeley, CA

I worked at Berkeley USD part-time for more than a year

Pros: Good people and supervisors I enjoyed. Cons: Early to start, but early to finish Advice to Senior Management: Hire me back to work with you again. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great starting salary but depends on school site.

Certificated Teacher (Former Employee)
    Berkeley, CA

I worked at Berkeley USD full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great salaries for teachers in the bay area, lots of… Cons: Competitive atmosphere depending on school site (I've heard some schools are very different… Advice to Senior Management: Everyone should work together to create a solid program. If people are allowed… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Berkeley USD.

Worked for Berkeley USD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Berkeley USD reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Berkeley USD employees.