Berkshire Hills Bancorp

www.berkshirebank.com
  www.berkshirebank.com
There are newer employer reviews for Berkshire Hills Bancorp

My experience at Berkshire Bank was satisfying for a young person seeking full-time employment.

Former Employee - Teller I in Feeding Hills, MA
Former Employee - Teller I in Feeding Hills, MA

I worked at Berkshire Hills Bancorp

Pros

Some of the pros to working for Berkshire Bank, are consistent work schedules, comparable pay to similar positions in other companies, benefits for full time employees at a reasonable cost, enjoyable staff, and occasional overtime.

Cons

The biggest downside at the time that I was employed with Berkshire Bank, was the fact that the banks intentions of growing into a nationally sized bank, kind of clashed with the customers who were used their small town banking experience that they were used to when the company was originally Woronocco Savings Bank. For the most part, people do not tend to favor change, and become set in their ways. With Berkshire Bank constantly expanding, and wanting to offer new products and solutions to their customers, along came the "retail banking" style. In my own personal experience, the customers seemed to be annoyed with sales pitches, and towards the end of my time with Berkshire Bank, employees were actually given contact sheets to start cold calling in-between customers.

I understand that the intention of most companies is to grow and expand as fast and as far as possible and I cannot condemn Berkshire Bank for doing so, as they are expanding rapidly and with great success. My only advice to the Senior Management is to show a little bit more compassion to the customer. Let them know you care about their experience, and ask for their feedback. My suggestion would be more surveys. Have a survey sweepstakes to give the customer incentive. Place survey cards in the branches. Have pop up surveys on the online banking site. Also being a customer of the bank, I have not experienced any of the above suggestions.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Berkshire Hills Bancorp (View Most Recent)

Good Place to have a long career.

I have been working at Berkshire Hills Bancorp full-time

Pros

Great culture, family atmosphere. In my department we a re a tight knit community. Bank continues to grow and expand operation creating new opportunities to grow.

Cons

Bank is expanding and customers are starting to notice. Fee driven revenue model make you feel like the bank is hoping for people to NSF.

Mike Daly CEO is awesome and full of energy, I do not feel the same way about others no could I even tell you who other C Level people are.

Great place to start a career

Former Employee - Finance in Pittsfield, MA
    Former Employee - Finance in Pittsfield, MA

I worked at Berkshire Hills Bancorp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Learned a lot while I was here and was exposed to a lot of different challenges. The company is growing fast via acquisitions so the environment is pretty fast paced. Great people to work with and a lot of smart young people.

Cons

Pretty large amount of turnover as the company grows into the shoes of a larger company. Learning sometimes involves being thrown to the wolves and figuring stuff out on your own (I don't consider this a con but some may).

I can't really give advice here as I understand most of the senior management has changed in the finance department since I left. Just keep developing your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Berkshire Hills Bancorp