Berkshire Hills Bancorp

www.berkshirebank.com
  www.berkshirebank.com
There are newer employer reviews for Berkshire Hills Bancorp

My experience at Berkshire Bank was satisfying for a young person seeking full-time employment.

Former Employee - Teller I  in  Feeding Hills, MA
Former Employee - Teller I in Feeding Hills, MA

I worked at Berkshire Hills Bancorp

Pros

Some of the pros to working for Berkshire Bank, are consistent work schedules, comparable pay to similar positions in other companies, benefits for full time employees at a reasonable cost, enjoyable staff, and occasional overtime.

Cons

The biggest downside at the time that I was employed with Berkshire Bank, was the fact that the banks intentions of growing into a nationally sized bank, kind of clashed with the customers who were used their small town banking experience that they were used to when the company was originally Woronocco Savings Bank. For the most part, people do not tend to favor change, and become set in their ways. With Berkshire Bank constantly expanding, and wanting to offer new products and solutions to their customers, along came the "retail banking" style. In my own personal experience, the customers seemed to be annoyed with sales pitches, and towards the end of my time with Berkshire Bank, employees were actually given contact sheets to start cold calling in-between customers.

I understand that the intention of most companies is to grow and expand as fast and as far as possible and I cannot condemn Berkshire Bank for doing so, as they are expanding rapidly and with great success. My only advice to the Senior Management is to show a little bit more compassion to the customer. Let them know you care about their experience, and ask for their feedback. My suggestion would be more surveys. Have a survey sweepstakes to give the customer incentive. Place survey cards in the branches. Have pop up surveys on the online banking site. Also being a customer of the bank, I have not experienced any of the above suggestions.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Berkshire Hills Bancorp (View Most Recent)

Amazing Culture - Doesn't trickle down

Current Employee - Teller I  in  Ludlow, VT
    Current Employee - Teller I in Ludlow, VT

I have been working at Berkshire Hills Bancorp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The organizational culture is amazing, the RIGHT values (Respect, Integrity, Guts, Having fun, & Teamwork) are great and really are a part of decisions that are made and daily interactions. Good benefits, especially healthcare and 401k matching.

Cons

Unless you are in a higher position, monetary compensation is horrid. Be prepared to do the work of 2+ roles without having a title change or raise. BB does not give cost-of-living raises. Career opportunities are also few and far between.

Do an anonymous annual work environment survey to see how your lower-level employees really feel. The CEO is extremely inspiring however it doesn't trickle down to the lower levels past the annual meeting. When career development is mentioned in coaching sessions and annual/mid-year review it would be nice to ask the employee where they want their career to go, not just what the next level of their current job entails.

Too much change

I worked at Berkshire Hills Bancorp

Pros

Advancement due to huge turnover

Cons

Management is bad, too much growth.

There are newer employer reviews for Berkshire Hills Bancorp

Worked for Berkshire Hills Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!