There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy Canada

Meh.

Former Employee - Department Manager  in  Kelowna, BC (Canada)
Former Employee - Department Manager in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

I worked at Best Buy Canada full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people you work with are usually the only reason to stay there.

Cons

Micromanaged.
Cookie cutter style.
Uneducated employees, including supervisors.

Hire the right people to be managers & keep them under a microscope.

189 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy Canada (View Most Recent)

Fun environment, good co workers, do good work but have fun at the same time.

Current Employee - Customer Services Representative  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Services Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Best Buy Canada part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good managers, coworkers. Great discounts.

Cons

Too much drama, gossips and rumors at times with no way of fixing that.

Find potential opportunists among employees of your company, help them grow somehow.

Great learning experience and fun

Current Employee - Customer Services Representative II  in  Victoria, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Services Representative II in Victoria, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Best Buy Canada part-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great learning experience and place to work, especially if you're just starting in the work force
    - Management teaches you on ways to improve customer service skills on a monthly basis when they schedule a monthly meeting to keep employees up-to-date. This gives employees a chance to practice and also learn about company values and also a chance to learn and demonstrate leadership as well
    - Employers will always work around your schedule to give you the working hours and days off needed, at least for me :) (you just need to be cooperative and give them a couple weeks notice, which I think is fine and appropriate)
    - Management is great. I made a complaint once and they fixed the problem immediately. In addition, they called me the next day to notify me about it and ask how I am feeling :)

Cons

- the only I can think of is the pay, it's not great but the learning experience working for Best Buy has been quite awesome. You will definitely learn a lot.

Keep up the good work!

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy Canada

Worked for Best Buy Canada? Contribute to the Community!