There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Great Company Overall

Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile Manager  in  Morgantown, WV
Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile Manager in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Career Growth, Employee Benefits, Fast Paced industry, Fun working environment, convenient locations, flexible scheduling, On the job training, bonus potential.

Cons

increased industry competition, job security in retail industry due to economic concerns, high pressure sales enviroment (if you aren't concerned with being a top performer, then you need not apply).

Dont forget what it's like to be a line level employee. Everyone wants to be successful but you must be realistic in your expectations.

5749 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

A great experience

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II  in  Bee Caves, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Bee Caves, TX

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Met friends for life, Rewarding customer base, Relaxed atmosphere, Having Fun while being the best, Challenge and change, and of course the discount.

Cons

You will always have customers that get under your skin... i dont have anything really bad to say. Maybe senior supervisor could be chosen better.

Dont change what our incentive to work for best buy, when I got hired on we were ""sold" on certain things that have been taken away from us.

A mere shell of what the company used to be.

Current Employee - Geek Squad CIA Agent  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Geek Squad CIA Agent in Boston, MA

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

- Very tight community.
    - Fast paced environment (never a dull moment for sure).
    - A plethora of resources available to those who know how to look for it.
    - By far the most valuable learning experience in the computer repair field (not a replacement for college, but gives you real world experience that is far more diverse than any corporate environment).
    - Sales skills are ones that will be used throughout your life. Especially when negotiating with someone.
    - The employee discount was great... until they changed it. Now it's just meh (but I'll still take it lol).
    - I have never had a problem with getting time off (although my schedule makes me scratch my head sometimes).

Cons

- Management will never see eye to eye with you, it's their way or the highway.
    - With the way the payroll system is set up, negotiating a raise is impossible.
    - Around back to school time, it's always a surprise that suddenly we have no-one to cover morning or mid day shifts, and hiring to compensate for this is never done in time.
    - Best Buy used to offer many great benefits; over the past couple years they have been whittling them away.
    - I realize this may be an extreme worst case scenario, but it's something to look out for: For a while, I had to scrutinize my pay stub. This was because someone was stealing time from me and other employees in the building. That person is no longer with the company.

Please treat line level employees with respect by listening to their suggestions, instead of just throwing them away the instant you walk off. Don't be so closed minded about to philosophy of "living for today." If this company is to have a future, one has to look to the future, and get the hiring done before it becomes a problem. Rushed interviews just lead to incompetence that should have been weeded out. Also communication is key. If I was paid by the question "Who's manager on duty right now?" instead of my hourly wage, I could retire by age 35.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!