Best Buy

plenty of opportunity ti grow

Current Employee - Store Manager in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Store Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

plenty of opportunity ti grow

Cons

pay could be better for managers

more flexible schedule

6880 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

best buy is a great place to work

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Norman, OK
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Norman, OK

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

the job is for the most part pretty easy.
    get to talk and play with latest technology

Cons

upper management is lazy
    the pay is not that great
    no real benefits to sell more

Reward the employees that work harder than the ones that just stand around

Working for Best Buy was a great opportunity to advance quickly with good pay in a increasingly poor economy.

Former Employee - Merchandising Specialist in Douglasville, GA
    Former Employee - Merchandising Specialist in Douglasville, GA

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

At Best Buy you are able to advance quickly with determination and hard work. The company provides great positions to make great pay with no school degree. They also provide tuition help for those that want to study for business degree, which helps with more advancement and higher pay raise. The company's system for sales was good with some issues, but whats great is that they always want feed back on your ideas and strategies that would work best to make your job easier and work according to.

Cons

The only problem is what we all go through any where we work, the co-workers. I met great managers and co-workers which lead to great leadership. As well as those that simply did not care for their job. I believe as long as you avoid getting caught up in the drama and stay focused on what you need to be doing, everything will work out just fine. Communication was also a problem amongst management which could avoid many mistakes and productivity increase.

I believe communication is key to running a business smoothly. Communication at the Best Buy i worked at was sometimes a problem that lead to many mistakes that could have been avoided. Where responsibility for those problems should have been discussed, never was, therefore it was bound to happen again. Productivity from management could also be way better in this business. I learned that working as a positive productive assistant/manager sets a great example for those learning to become productive and hard workers. I also believe that many co-workers take this business a lot serious then some job they just show up for a paycheck.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy