There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Blue shirt blues

Former Employee - Senior  in  Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Senior in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Employee Discount. Other than that, there's not much to write home about.

Cons

No regularity or schedule consistency. Be prepared to sacrifice nights, weekends, holidays. (as with any retail job). Career Growth and advancement depends heavily on present store management. My advice is to discuss your career with store leadership and evaluate the feedback you receive. If they are receptive, encouraging and supportive, then I strongly suggest you pursue those ambitions as opportunities do exist for those with desire & have a welcoming store leadership. If your career plans are not well received, do not waste your time. Being an hourly employee, you are very disposable and can be easily replaced.

If you truly want productive and strong store leadership, provide them with better training and ongoing education. There is also a severe gap for field employees who wish to advance their careers with this company. Employee retention should be top priority and field experience should be highly valued at the corporate level.

5768 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Consider the future of those under you.

Current Employee - Test Specialist  in  Richfield, MN
    Current Employee - Test Specialist in Richfield, MN

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Flex-time and no time clock to punch. We all work on a results oriented schedule.

Cons

career development for this position is difficult. Opportunities must be created or forced and are not made available by management teams.

better path for advancement and less of the idea that the employee will be in their position forever. People are ambitious and want to grow.

A friendly and fun environment to work for.

Current Employee - PCHO Specialist  in  Sioux City, IA
    Current Employee - PCHO Specialist in Sioux City, IA

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

The discount is the best part of working at Best Buy. Also, it is a friendly environment with a fun day every day. I work in PCHO part time and it is a great experience to help other people get into technology and find out about their products. Working with electronics is about the best part because I have grown up with them and didn't want to have to fix them every day, but see others enjoy their technology. I don't know of any other job that my friends have where you can play 4 square or kick ball before you start work in the monring!

Cons

Sometimes you have to work really long hours. Not having enough staff can also hurt your sales because people are sometimes impatient. Sometimes, I wish we had more time to train on some of the new products we get in. Pay could also be a bit higher, although compared to some other starter jobs this would be considered good. I wish it were easier to move up in the system as well. You don't see many management shift changes in the company. Also, rank and numbers are sometimes pushed too much on the employees. Otherwise, it is a great place to work.

Keep up the good work.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!