Best Buy

Fun Place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Good Place to work because the people thee are so nice and the mangers treat you like an equal. It also pays more then that average job.

Cons

Long hours is the cons of the job because I work about 60 hours a week so I dont have time to do a lot of personal things

The hire more people so the work load is not delegated to the few who kave to put in so much time to earn a living.

6165 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

FAIL

Current Employee - What Happened? in West Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - What Happened? in West Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Keeping a job for a long period of time looks good for building credit - even if the job blows. There are also great employee discounts and accommodations.

When I began working here, everything was running smoothly, and hours were great, even for part-timers, like myself.

The pay scale still goes up consistently

Cons

Two months after I started working there most of the management transferred to other stores or to corporate. After that, my store (109, West Los Angeles) went downhill. The current management did not become managers because they know what they are doing - they don't: Best Buy is notorious, in house, for not training anyone - but because they've been there longer than most other people. The employees that have been there longer than the employees who got bumped up to management, didn't get moved up because they aren't well-liked, mainly because they are hard workers and they are perceived to be a threat to anyone else trying to climb the pathetic Best Buy ladder. Of course, they won't get fired. It's next to impossible to get fired there. If you are inept, or consistently late, they won't boot you. You have to be a thief, stop showing up, sexually harass someone, or get violent. Basically, they don't like to pay unemployment, which pays more money than the 4 hours per week of work that they give about 80% of their employees now.

If you decide to get a part-time job here, get your minimum hours in writing, signed by a manger.

If you decide to get a full-time job here, have an indefinite contract in writing stating that as long as you work at Best Buy your position status cannot be lowered to part-time.

My experience at Best Buy has taught me a lot, but now looking back, the greif involved was not worth it.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

As everyone who has ever worked there sayas, yes, the employee discount is THAT good.

Cons

Immature associates, and a really, really weak management team at Fresno that do shady business and play favorites. They'll fire an associate for being 15 minutes late, but if he or she is their friend, they can no call and no show and jsut be written up. I was a part of management. I left because I have values that they did not agree with.

Stop playing favorites and doing shady business, and stick to doing just fair business.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy