There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Survival of the Fittest!

Current Employee - SWAT Specialist
Current Employee - SWAT Specialist

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Floor Employees are great to work with. As a team, we are always willing to help each other. We know how to work hard, yet have fun at the same time. Truly dedicated people. Some managers are quite helpful, willing to get their hands dirty with the rest of us.

Cons

Management forgets what it was like to be a line level employee. They do a poor job of training new employees. Quite often, the new employees are overwhelmed and give up. Recognition is very rare. Some managers treat employees with much disrespect, even when those employees are doing their best. They have a superior attitude, and are not willing to pitch in when help is desperately needed.

Provide more training. Unless you are very highly self-motivated to learn, you will feel lost for months. Too many potentially excellent employees are lost due to poor training and lack of leadership.

5981 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

good overall

Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

great employee discount, high pay in the industry

Cons

long hours during holiday season

none

We aren't going bankrupt like the rest of retail are we???

Current Employee - Customer Assistant (CA) in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Assistant (CA) in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Great Benefits, Good work relationships, something you enjoy and getting paid for it! If you enjoy being able to work with others and sell things that you enjoy than this is the place for you. It is a fun place to be. The benefits are great. You have the employee stock purchase plan which enables you to buy BBY stock at a 15$ discount once every 6 months. You also have 401(k) that can be matched up to 5 percent. This is for part timers too! Full timers do get health benefits and paid holidays which can be a very nice thing.

Cons

Most raises and promotions are based solely on how much you suck up to management. I'm not bitter. I'm just being honest.

Be fair. Encourage your employees.... it will make them work harder for you. Everyone has a unique way they like to be praised. Figure out what that is and exploit it with that particular employee. You will notice an improvement in your workforce.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy