Great college job

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Gaithersburg, MD
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Gaithersburg, MD

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Very good discount. excellent opportunities to move up with the company. You get to meet alot of great people. For a college and second job pay is not that bad.

Cons

The only bad things about working at best buy is the long hours. working on the weekends and on the holidays is not something that liked to do, especially in the future when i have a family

Keep up the good work. The only thing i would change is try to understand that we don't control how many people walk in the door. we cant force people to buy things. Best buy should consider creating an incentive program for it's employees

Other Reviews for Best Buy

Four years down the drain...

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Valparaiso, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Valparaiso, IN

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Customers and the fast paced environment. Being around technology all day is fun and exciting, you get to see the latest stuff all the time!

Cons

All the garbage that you have to put up with, I have been here four plus years and every year it gets worse. There are virtually no opportunites to advance, they are beginning to down size stores and cut management. There are only a quarter of supervisor spots left from what there used to be. Basically Best Buy cannot keep up with the competition, leveraging all their profits through Best Buy Moblie. I promise you this in the next five years look for Best Buy to close larger stores and open smaller community stores and stand alone Best Buy Mobile.

Don't listen to coroporate, they may do the research but it is up to you to meet the needs for the demographics in your area. Ya'll are a bunch of yuppies.

Overrated Hype

Former Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate  in  Gresham, OR
    Former Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Gresham, OR

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

I chose to work at Best Buy because I felt that the benefits, management, and other employees was what I was looking for in an employer.

Cons

What wasn't a downside? If it wasn't management leaving or being fired, it was high school antics amongst the other staff members. Even the management worked like high school students. They always say that Best Buy is better because it's Non-Commission but what does that really mean to their staff? Less pay, poor treatment, and this facade that what your doing is better for the customers, but really it's all about making money for the VP's and shareholder. If they invested a little more into the employees then the moral that they are trying to seek would probably be there amongst the stores employees.

My biggest advice for management is to get a voice and stop acting like high school children. A business is not a place to form clicks and gossip groups. It's a place to guide its employees in the right direction and educate them in the art of the sale. And the biggest thing I have to say is to congratulate the right people and to stop acknowledging the people in your clicks. Brown nosing doesn't count for anything in the end, and most certainly helps a business go down in failure in the end.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!