There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Great college job

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Gaithersburg, MD
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Gaithersburg, MD

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Very good discount. excellent opportunities to move up with the company. You get to meet alot of great people. For a college and second job pay is not that bad.

Cons

The only bad things about working at best buy is the long hours. working on the weekends and on the holidays is not something that liked to do, especially in the future when i have a family

Keep up the good work. The only thing i would change is try to understand that we don't control how many people walk in the door. we cant force people to buy things. Best buy should consider creating an incentive program for it's employees

5959 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Overrated Hype

Former Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Gresham, OR
    Former Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Gresham, OR

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

I chose to work at Best Buy because I felt that the benefits, management, and other employees was what I was looking for in an employer.

Cons

What wasn't a downside? If it wasn't management leaving or being fired, it was high school antics amongst the other staff members. Even the management worked like high school students. They always say that Best Buy is better because it's Non-Commission but what does that really mean to their staff? Less pay, poor treatment, and this facade that what your doing is better for the customers, but really it's all about making money for the VP's and shareholder. If they invested a little more into the employees then the moral that they are trying to seek would probably be there amongst the stores employees.

My biggest advice for management is to get a voice and stop acting like high school children. A business is not a place to form clicks and gossip groups. It's a place to guide its employees in the right direction and educate them in the art of the sale. And the biggest thing I have to say is to congratulate the right people and to stop acknowledging the people in your clicks. Brown nosing doesn't count for anything in the end, and most certainly helps a business go down in failure in the end.

Great place to learn about technology while learning to push business

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Discounts, new products, fun atmosphere, opportunity to grow

Cons

Can be stressful, promotions based on store performance than individual accomplishments

More rewards for performance