I literally LOVE my job!

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Mechanicsburg, PA
Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Mechanicsburg, PA

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Their like a family, and everyone works as a team. It's a fun enviroment and employees are given great training! I like that after working there 3 weeks I had no questions about how to do all aspects of my job. It's a company that I feel the need to go above and beyond for everyday.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. A lot of people do find it difficult to hit your 20% goal on services when working up front, and to get the credit card apps in. Personally, I find that I have NO trouble what-so-ever as long as you effectively communicate the benefits to the customer.

Advice to Management

You guys are great, only thing I would say as far as advice goes, is more time alloted for employees to help other employees struggling in sales of services. I was able to help a co-worker raise his numbers just by spending half a shift pitching the GSBTP Plans along with him until he understood what he needed to be communicating to the customer.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. ok place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

the discount is very good, and the people you will meet are people you can hang out with. most going to college, so over all good atmosphere.

Cons

they will make you offer the credit card and black tie to every one. Even if the plan is 50 percent of the product itself.

2. A fun and active atmosphere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Margate, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Margate, FL

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Great work enviroment, some amazing information on products. Helpful staff, employees treat everyone with just as much respect as they do with customers.

Cons

Bad judgement on the pricing of items. poor ware house stafffing, nothing was ever in the right places around the store.

Advice to Management

DO not choose favorites for the company. keep everyone in like with each other and you will reap the benefits.