Best Buy

www.bestbuy.com

supporting shareholders is only as good as supporting employees

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Elizabeth, NJ

Prosit's not just retail anymore!!!! we also are a major competitor in the services related industry. so yes it is a viable career for the technical saavy. the only downside to this is the compensatory rates as compared to other similar professional fields and the locations as compared to demographic and cost of living for services related positions are way undercut. there are individuals making just over 50k that in other companies with the same type of responsibility and amount of work they do could easliy clear 80k with the same type of benefits and packages. the staff and upper management is very competant. however the store management needs to better train their supervisors in an effort to better serve our clients and serve our shareholders. in this economy we cant afford not to.

Conscompensation has very LARGE GAPS. the cost of living is way out of wack as compared to the salary offering. this i would say is hurting it's own employees good and bad. across the boards the company as a whole needs to re-visit the salary structure. and offer better pay to those especially in larger more "expensive" in terms of cost of living areas. specifically housing etc...

Advice to Senior Managementfirst let me say i have been with the company for a very long time, and i have had some bad experiences. i still firmly believe that in the end this is the right career choice for me. i would tell them to re-visit the structure of services and the compensation for leadership within services. as well as store assistant managers. those working in large metro areas. have a much higher cost of living than you might expect. in today's economy across the board your hard working leadership is genuinely suffering. also the training for store Home theater supervisors needs to be more frequent. especially with hands on training for services. they could really benefit from some sort of training. also i keep hearing the word RE-ORG? why at this point in the game with so much investment? time and time again has corporate done this and every single time you just end up going back to where you were? i would emplore you to revisit this decision if this is the case. take better care of your employees as you continue to it's really looking like night and day compared to how things were run 5 years ago. so good work with that. one thing i would tell you that has changed for the better. the new DFM program is coming along nicely. however the dispatch company is not that great. DFM's are a mojr support vein for services. we can't do this without them.

A time to bow out

Product Specialist (Former Employee) Davenport, IA

I worked at Best Buy

Pros: doing what you love, discounts are cool. Also, you get to see all… Cons: management. depending on location, long hours, and forced to work freight at… Advice to Senior Management: family first, its more important than anything...even marking merchandise for another… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

good discount

Media Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros: Good discount, some of the employees are nice. Cons: They give there employees a good discount, but unless you are a manager… Advice to Senior Management: Actually listen to the people who are in the stores… More
There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!