There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Best Buy pros and cons

Current Employee - Customer Assistant  in  Owasso, OK
Current Employee - Customer Assistant in Owasso, OK

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

The benefits are good. Career opps are not too bad.

Cons

The managment alot of times is very pushing and says we are not on commision yet as a customer assistant gives us a goal to hit and then we get in trouble if we dont hit it but no one says a word it we do. Supervisors are very pushy and not fair with pay at all. Managment talks about other employees on personal levels.

Treat your employess fairly. If you say we are not on commision then please dont make us feel like we are. I've tons of employees saying they are ready to quit and I have to talk them out of it. Stop pushing us so hard and stressing us out. Focus more on training and actually following job description with title.

5821 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Best Buy: The Stress Factory in a box

Current Employee - Home Theater  in  East Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Home Theater in East Lansing, MI

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

The benefits overall are great, especially the employee discount. Not only that but it is a ncie environment to work in every day, espcially if you like talking about or just being around electronics all day. Basically if you enjoy electronics and are looking for a good job to help get groceries during college, there is no better choice.

Cons

There is a ridiculous amount of stress from the managers to perform up to their standards but you are not often recognized, or rewarded for your efforts. You can be the hardest worker in the store and make the same amount as the laziest person. They also have unrealistic goals they set, especially given the state of the current economy.

Relax, and stop stressing out your employees, not only does it just lower overall moral, it makes employee far more likely to quit.

Not that bad

Current Employee - DCI, Geek Squad City  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - DCI, Geek Squad City in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Large, growing company that pays attention to its competitiona nd activly trys to change before it is required just to survive. Company has new opportunities and a good overall culture.

Cons

Some areas are highly insular, secretive. At times, the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing, and at times, that a right hand even exists. Best Buy is trying and seems to be making headway, but these areas need to be priority.

Better communication is a priority. Better benifits are a priority. Spread teh wealth, don't just focus on Corporate, use technology to open up the trainings, meetings and events up to the whole company. In fact, open some of the senior VP level meetings up to viewing over the web.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!