Best Buy pros and cons

Current Employee - Customer Assistant in Owasso, OK
Current Employee - Customer Assistant in Owasso, OK

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

The benefits are good. Career opps are not too bad.

Cons

The managment alot of times is very pushing and says we are not on commision yet as a customer assistant gives us a goal to hit and then we get in trouble if we dont hit it but no one says a word it we do. Supervisors are very pushy and not fair with pay at all. Managment talks about other employees on personal levels.

Advice to Management

Treat your employess fairly. If you say we are not on commision then please dont make us feel like we are. I've tons of employees saying they are ready to quit and I have to talk them out of it. Stop pushing us so hard and stressing us out. Focus more on training and actually following job description with title.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

As With all things there are Pitfalls

Current Employee - Anonymous Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Salary tops all others inthe field, benefits, and comraderie of employees. The motto is to have fun whilebeing the best and at times this can be a very fun job.

Cons

Favoritism in advancement, problems with upper management "doing 1 thing and saying another." Upper management is not a real presence inthe stores, many deals for promotions happen in a social environment. Recently there has been a huge influx of hiring outsiders rather than promoting from within - somehting that Best buy has always prided itself on. This is a good , stable company but it seems to have taken a wrong turn at the present time.

Advice to Management

The promotion should not be abused through favoritism. Feedback should be timely and informative. Upper Management should be a presence in all stores not simply a chosen few. .

Where have all the mom and pop shops gone?

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

The people who work there, in non-leadership positions, generally tend to be very fun to work with. The employee discount is very good, with most products being sold to employees at only 5% above cost.

Cons

The selling of unnecessary products, services, and "service plans" are forced upon the the sales-floor employees in the guise of giving the "customer" the "the complete solution. Managers do very little besides "sales leading," trying to pump up employees about competing with surrounding Best Buy stores and Best Buy districts, and sitting behind closed doors chatting. Most leadership meetings are held simply for the sake of holding meetings. The hourly employees do all of the hard work.

Advice to Management

Store management: Start selling on the floor a little more often...walk the walk instead of talking the talk. Upper management: Do something more productive, and spread the wealth around the company a little more generously.