There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

It does not feel like work because it's a positive environment to work in.

Current Employee - Sales in Hayward, CA
Current Employee - Sales in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Always knowing when the best next technology is coming out. Also paid training which is fun and informative.

Cons

Typical customers who give you a hard time. No commission.

Good Job in keeping the employees satisfied.

6010 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Great stepping stone when going to college and experience builder when looking for a career afterwards.

Current Employee - Geek Squad, Double Agent (DA) in Beaumont, TX
    Current Employee - Geek Squad, Double Agent (DA) in Beaumont, TX

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Best buy culture is diverse and technology driven. It is very upbeat and exciting, a place where you can learn and enjoy electronics and gadgets. Pay is well above others in area. Employee discount is the best I've seen anywhere. coworkers all share common interest and everyone gets along very well. Learning lounge allows you to learn any topic you want to know including those not in your position. "Acheivers" is the annual event for the best performing stores. I got to go one year for top agent in territory. They chartered a royal Caribbean cruise ship for the event, all expenses paid, free digital camara and camcorder. There was also a vendor show where they gave away free products from vendors at best buy.

Cons

It's retail, you have to deal with customers. Most of the time the are nice, but there are a few that are rude and obnoxious. You just have to suck it up and deal with it. No weekends off, You have to work one weekend shift.I used to get performance raises every 6months but with the downturn of the economy, they stopped it. With any big corporation, there will be downsizing and restructuring. My position's maximum pay got lowered. The closer you get to max, the less your raise will be.

Everyday retail sales position with great discounts

Former Employee - Gaming Specialist in Concord, NC
    Former Employee - Gaming Specialist in Concord, NC

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Discounts, some of the people, ability to win free stuff, giveaways, stock options

Cons

Not enough hours, Not able to work around schedules or give time off, Some things are made a lot harder than they needed to be

Listen more to your employees, don't make things harder than they need to be. Stick to the basics and try not to go over the top, offer a service and do it well, not half way

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy