Great start with an unfortunate ending

Former Employee - Computer Specialist  in  Rochester, NY
Former Employee - Computer Specialist in Rochester, NY

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with. Lively Work environment. Awesome product knowledge with excellent technicians (Geeksquad) Right on Hand.

Cons

High pressure sales for non-commissioned job. Management was very pushy about their numbers. Annual reviews were poorly conducted. Annual raise was very minimal ($.30). New hires were getting paid more than me (I started out making $8.50, annual raise put me to 8.80, new hires were making $9.00 and management wouldn't raise my pay so I left the company.

Other Reviews for Best Buy

Great work/life balance. Job security is an issue.

Former Employee - Web Manager/Online Marketing  in  Richfield, MN
    Former Employee - Web Manager/Online Marketing in Richfield, MN

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

One of the greatest pros of working at Bust Buy is it's Results Only Work Environment (referred to as ROWE). I'm not a morning person. My boss would rater work from 10p.m. to 2a.m., but we make it work. There's mutual trust that people will get things done in a timely manner at a time that works for the individual.

Cons

There seem to be layoffs every couple of years. It affects one personally to see him/her go and also affects one's workload without an increase in pay. Also, if one wants to see a big increase in pay, don't count on it at review time. You have to get promoted to get a substantial raise.

Push, push, push for more rewarding incentives for a job well done come review time.

Pretty Satisfied

Current Employee - Geek Squad, Deputy of Counter Intelligence (DCI)  in  Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Geek Squad, Deputy of Counter Intelligence (DCI) in Manassas, VA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits, good employee discount

Cons

Constantly changing work environment, bad upper management

STOP CHANGING EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!