Best Buy
3.3 of 5 4,751 reviews
www.bestbuy.com Richfield, MN 5000+ Employees

Great place to grow early on

Merchant Analyst (Current Employee)
Richfield, MN

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

ProsFriendly people, great corporate campus, ROWE is fantastic, great discount, lots of opportunity once you get your foot in the door, constantly changing environment, great experience.

ConsSalary is a bit low compared to the industry, but worth the trade-off in my opinion. Very responsive to the state of the economy, like all retail.

Advice to Senior ManagementBump salary ranges to keep top talent from leaving the company for other opportunities. Make Best Buy a place to grow and know you will earn what you deserve.

12 Year Employment Review

Product Process Manager (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Best Buy is a great place to work. Benefits include an average salary, bonus potential,… Cons: Over the last 12 years there are a few cons. The company is obviously retail, so salary is based on 50 hours… Advice to Senior Management: Avoid the ever present favoritism among associates that perform, instead performance manage those who don't want to participate.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A pretty good place to work part time

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros: -Management is mostly friendly -Laid back work environment -Employee discount is… Cons: -Pointless sales goals since there is no commission Advice to Senior Management: Stop making employees push credit card applications and protection plans so hard on customers. Yes they are pure profit… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly. All reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees.