Best Buy
3.3 of 5 5,282 reviews
www.bestbuy.com Richfield, MN 5000+ Employees

A company quickly going downhill

Sales Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsGreat coworkers, learn a lot of things about products and technology, occasionally you get a customer that really makes your day.

ConsPushing the best buy card, insurance plans, unrealistic expectations...
I don't feel appreciated at all as an employee. It's always about what I could have done instead of appreciating what I have done. We aren't respected, the discount stinks, and the management is often rude and immature.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up. Hire people who actually know something about what they're selling. Appreciate your workers more. Don't be so strict about SHOES in the dress code (I was written up because the bottoms of my shoes were white instead of black). Really, just get your act together.

Fast Moving!

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The associates you work with are amazing. The technology that you sell is… Cons: Payroll cuts take the fun out of the store, and it gets very stressful very fast. Out of stocks on… Advice to Senior Management: I litterally spent more time completing paperwork about the work I did, than I did in the work itself. District management attitude is "if… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Assistant Store Manager

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Fast paced environment that recognizes talent and develops it. Good benefits including medical,401,vacation, and tuition reimbursent. A thorough… Cons: Hours in management are long, particularly during the holidays. Advancement is difficult in this economic climate and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly. All reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees.