There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Not a total waste of my time but I would probably not work here again.

Former Employee - Merchandising Specialist in Rockford, IL
Former Employee - Merchandising Specialist in Rockford, IL

I worked at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't really think of anything that stands out. Employees used to get a really sweet discount but they did away with a lot of that. Learning lounges allow you to win free product from doing quizzes. Met some really amazing people there.

Cons

I never received a raise while I was there or a review of my performance. The management cares very little about their employees. Poor availability standards.

Advice to Management

Try to care about the employees and listen to their concerns.

reviews filtered by
  1. Proceed with caution.

Current Employee - Operations Senior in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Operations Senior in Boston, MA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company offers many opportunities for growth sheerly because it has so many stores. There are several leadership positions that are easily attainable with little or no formal education.

Cons

This company has aggressive sales goals and the corporate culture promotes favoritism, greed, and negative competition.

Advice to Management

Spend more time in the stores -- the people that get paid the most, and those with the most talent in this company spend no time in the stores. The stores are managed through email...

2. Disheartening

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to start out, training is so-so but you do learn alot on the fly. Decent benefits package.

Cons

Low pay caps, Retail hours,Little respect from management. Employees are over-worked and underpaid. Little to no training is offered unless you take it on your own.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they're worth, you get what you pay for, cheap labor = employees who will not care about the customer or the job, they'll show up when they want and act how they want.
    Pay your best what they are worth, so much money is made that could be invested back in the employee so the customer truly gets a good experience, not a half-hearted sales pitch. Make them feel like they're worth it, and they'll give you all they've got and more.