Bb

Former Employee - Janitor in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Janitor in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I liked working at best buy for several years because they treated me well and gave me many options for trying new responsibilities.

Cons

Wish they would have paid more so I could afford my new car that I wanted. Its hard to buy new cars for ten dollars.

Advice to Management

Work harder

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

Generally good

Current Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Mooresville, NC
    Current Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Mooresville, NC

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have the feeling that company generally cares about it's employees, however even if their intentions are always good, they don't always work as planned. Relationships with co-workers becomes an important part of your experience, many of my friends in my personal life are people I met at work.

Cons

Store management leaves a lot to be desired, corporate may have you best interest in mind, but store management typically does not.

Advice to Management

Now that we have fewer managers in store (an improvement for sure) those managers should be better trained to know what kind of experiences their employees are having on a daily basis and how they can make it easier for them.

2. Corporate cares when they feel like it

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Newington, NH
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Newington, NH

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun work with a fun group of people. Expanding knowledge of electronics and helping people learn about something that was unable to be comprehended.

Cons

If you are a profitable store, corporate will care about you. If you struggle to meet budget, they rip you a new one and tell you all the stuff you are doing wrong but not how to fix it.

Advice to Management

Don't stress too much on making budgets and numbers unless you are going to get out there and work just as hard to help the team make the goal. Get hands on and help the employees learn new sales tactics to make them more successful in difficult sales situations.