There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

awesome

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Georgetown, TX
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Georgetown, TX

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

community ties help you for things later on in the future. i love working there it helps me gain a lot of other skills as well

Cons

whenever there are customer issues it is hard to deal with sometimes and it can be over whelming if you do not know what you are doing there.

6002 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Stick to the original values

Current Employee - General Manager in Winchester, VA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Winchester, VA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Many current employees care about protecting the future of the company

Cons

many top leaders have lost focus of what made this company great...people and values

start talking to people again and stop hiding through emails, text messages, webex meetings and groupme messages. don't wait until monthly review to speak to leaders.

Great Sales Experience

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Carmel, IN

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Best Buy will spend as much money as it takes to have their employees trained with the upmost knowledge. They truly care about their employees. For my mobile induction, they paid for my gas to drive to and from the center, as well as my hotel accommodations and food. They have great health care benefits to full time employees. They also give great feedback and rewards for employees who exceed expectations. I know of a mobile manager that got an all expense paid vacation for him and his wife to go to Puerto Rico for a week.

Cons

I no longer work for a big box store for a reason. The market is declining, and the remodel of the way the store is operated just doesn't work out for me, or a lot current employees. If you're looking for employment, a Best Buy Mobile SAS store is the way to go. They have a bigger budget to pay you more, and their is more opportunities to move up in the company.

I have advice for District Supervisors. Pay attention to whom the GM is hiring in Big Box stores. From what I have experienced, it isn't who is best for the job or company; It's who is favorited. Also, wages aren't fair in Big Box stores. Pay your employees what they deserve based on personal performance. Other than that, Best Buy is a killer employer. I love it.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy