There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Educational, challenging, and beneficial

Former Intern - Merchant Analyst Intern in Richfield, MN
Former Intern - Merchant Analyst Intern in Richfield, MN

I worked at Best Buy as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The laid-back casual atmosphere allows you to be you, and get your work done. Management is big on working from home now and then, which is nice. As an intern, we got to meet senior management and a few execs.

Cons

Sometimes, teamwork is too big of a deal, and meetings that do not pertain to you are required. I was just an intern, but had to go to a bunch of rule/role change meetings that wouldn't be happening until I was gone.

reviews filtered by
  1. It was fun and the people I worked with were interesting.

Current Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Erie, PA

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with were the geeky type which was good. Most of them I enjoyed working with and learned more than I expected from them and the work duties.

Cons

The biggest con was working with customers since they were typically older and didn't have a clue about technology. I wouldn't say that is a bad thing but you have some people who would like to think that they know something and judge your work based on that.

You also have some customer types who get angry if something goes wrong even if it is out of the control of the agent. An example we often thought about is, 'If you go to an auto mechanic and they tell you it is going to cost some money to fix a bunch of things, one doesn't really argue it. With the Geek Squad, people get quite angry when you tell them it is going to cost some money.' Sometimes customers blame the agents for the problems too, which is a headache.

Pay your agents more.

2. Its a decent place to work.

Current Employee - Sales Supervisor in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Supervisor in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fairly easy to move up in the company if you show initiative on your own and try to learn the business. Asking management for help goes a long way if you are trying to move up in the company.

Cons

Sometimes its hard to get what you want done accomplished due to understaffing and lack of upper level management support. LONG hours if you are a supervisor or above.

Work on training employees rather than focusing on numbers. Build a better foundation before trying to "drive a number"

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy