Best Buy

www.bestbuy.com

Educational, challenging, and beneficial

Former Employee - Merchant Analyst Intern  in  Richfield, MN
Former Employee - Merchant Analyst Intern in Richfield, MN

Pros

The laid-back casual atmosphere allows you to be you, and get your work done. Management is big on working from home now and then, which is nice. As an intern, we got to meet senior management and a few execs.

Cons

Sometimes, teamwork is too big of a deal, and meetings that do not pertain to you are required. I was just an intern, but had to go to a bunch of rule/role change meetings that wouldn't be happening until I was gone.

Other reviews for Best Buy

Stick to the original values

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Winchester, VA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Winchester, VA

Pros

Many current employees care about protecting the future of the company

Cons

many top leaders have lost focus of what made this company great...people and values

start talking to people again and stop hiding through emails, text messages, webex meetings and groupme messages. don't wait until monthly review to speak to leaders.

Great Sales Experience

Current Employee - Sales Specialist  in  Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Carmel, IN

Pros

Best Buy will spend as much money as it takes to have their employees trained with the upmost knowledge. They truly care about their employees. For my mobile induction, they paid for my gas to drive to and from the center, as well as my hotel accommodations and food. They have great health care benefits to full time employees. They also give great feedback and rewards for employees who exceed expectations. I know of a mobile manager that got an all expense paid vacation for him and his wife to go to Puerto Rico for a week.

Cons

I no longer work for a big box store for a reason. The market is declining, and the remodel of the way the store is operated just doesn't work out for me, or a lot current employees. If you're looking for employment, a Best Buy Mobile SAS store is the way to go. They have a bigger budget to pay you more, and their is more opportunities to move up in the company.

I have advice for District Supervisors. Pay attention to whom the GM is hiring in Big Box stores. From what I have experienced, it isn't who is best for the job or company; It's who is favorited. Also, wages aren't fair in Big Box stores. Pay your employees what they deserve based on personal performance. Other than that, Best Buy is a killer employer. I love it.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!