There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Professional development and personal development are key

Former Employee - Wireless Sales in Columbia, MO
Former Employee - Wireless Sales in Columbia, MO

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Usually very flexible with scheduling and allowed for me to be in school while working full time. -Fun, fast paced environment -Great employee discount -Opportunities for personal growth -Commitment to diversity and inclusiveness that went beyond a statement

Cons

-Entry wages were fairly low compared to cost of living but still met min. wage requirements. -High turnover with both line-level and managers led to confusion

Advice to Management

The one thing to think about is the level of support and access to on-the-job perks such as gyms, health and childcare at the corporate level vs. the line level. When I worked there I was always confused by the amount of benefits Corp. employees had vs. those in sales.

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. Having fun while being the best

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Jose, CA

I worked at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very busy. Lots of information to memorize to stay on top of products and policies.

Cons

Computer department was always overwhelmed

2. Amazing culture lacks compensation and innovation

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Madison, MS
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Madison, MS

I worked at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are working with some of the most driven individuals and learn a lot about core values of the company. Laid back when you do not worry about meeting goals. On-going online learning sessions.

Cons

Management over compensated for true value of work. Profits gradually sinking (hint*hint) Employee advancement opportunity is soley based on performance.

Advice to Management

It is not management if you are yelling at your employees that is baby sitting. Create a new retail environment to keep up with todays big hitters e.g. Apple, HHGreggs, AT&T, and Amazon.