Best Buy
3.3 of 5 4,733 reviews
www.bestbuy.com Richfield, MN 5000+ Employees

Fun atmosphere and room to grow...lack of job security

Sales Manager (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsEvery blue shirt is part of a giant family. They treat their frontline employees great. There are scheduled events and parties at every store and they even distribute two yearly surveys of employee satisfaction. There is lots of room to grow in the company and their enteral job posting system is fair. The training received as a supervisor or manager is transferable to any company because of the emphasis on business acumen which is hard to find somewhere else. There is room for innovation in your management style.

ConsSince 2008 job security for blue shirt leadership is sparse. There is constant talk of restructers and loss of jobs. While you develop and climb the ranks in your leadership career often times you pass up jobs you would enjoy doing because you are in fear that after you accept it that job will be eliminated and you will be displaced. This happen to hundreds in mid 2008 and early 2012.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop changing the selling strategy so often and consider making it simpler.

Hard to dislike

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
Richfield, MN

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Very relaxed culture, great people, and results only work environment. There is… Cons: There are definitely some idiots, and some have made it to positions of considerable influence. … Advice to Senior Management: Pay higher salary to attract better talent Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

my time there was fun

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Fox Point, WI

I worked at Best Buy part-time

Pros: fun, team, competitive, flexible, fast paced Cons: hours, communication, interview process ,bathrooms horrible, management Advice to Senior Management: communicate better, my attempt to work for bestbuy i was… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly. All reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees.