Best Buy

www.bestbuy.com
  www.bestbuy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Fun! Best Buy has been a great experience with a great company. It has helped me grown alot

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Coeur d'Alene, ID
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Coeur d'Alene, ID

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People, sales and business experience, discounts

Cons

lower pay grade, inconsistant schedule

6162 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

High turnover rate

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Ithaca, NY
    Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The discount is pretty good, though not as good as it used to be. Working with new technology is rewarding if you are into tech.

Cons

Poor store level management can result in high turnover rates and increased strain and stress on remaining employees. Staffing needs to have more foresight so that high traffic periods don't catch everyone with their pants down. Politics prevent those who deserve from getting promoted and those that don't deserve a promotion get it out of favoritism.

Treat employees like humans not pieces on a chess board and maybe the turnover rate won't be as bad.

It seems they forget that they have humans working for them and not machines.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA

I worked at Best Buy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The discount, especially on Best Buy's own brands of products, used to be great. Unfortunately they decided they wanted to make more off of their employees and changed the policy.

Cons

Where do I even start? Because they have been losing money every quarter for the last few years, they are in panic mode. Panic mode leads corporate to an ever-changing string of sales strategies and new services in an effort to stop the downward spiral. The pressure on the sales associates has really ramped up over the past few years. It used to be about helping customers find the right products for their needs, but now it is all just about selling as many products and services to each poor sap that comes through the door with complete disregard for their needs. Right before I left they had actually moved to a policy where we had to input our employee numbers at the register for individual items so they could track individual sales.

When, as a GM, you ask an employee how it's going, and they reply "I'm great, and how are you doing?" the proper response is not "No. I mean how are you doing - numbers-wise? How many credit applications have you run and how many dollars of black tie have you sold?" WE ARE PEOPLE!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy