Best Buy
3.3 of 5 5,292 reviews
www.bestbuy.com Richfield, MN 5000+ Employees

Great first job, not much too it. Just sell attachments and things that get you notional margin and you'll do fine.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Katy, TX

ProsOne of the best things was the discount and the openness of the management. The discount isn't the greatest on many of the larger items like laptops and TV's, but on services and accessories, you got rewarded big time. And the education about tech was awesome.

ConsSometimes there is a little too much pressure about selling the right things, other than that if you can't work Black Friday, you might as well consider yourself without a job.

It was an environment to acquire great work experience in customer service and sales.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Long Island City, NY

I worked at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros: Working with people who love sales and the products they… Cons: Inadequate coaching from the supervisors. Advice to Senior Management: Raise pay to department specialists and leads. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Ok company

Computer Specialist (Former Employee)
    Ontario, CA

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: amazing employee discount willing to work with college studen schedules Cons: management was very unprofessional pay sucked too much favoritism Advice to Senior Management: i would suggest management listen to employees more and take… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly. All reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees.