There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Disorganized

Former Employee - Geek Squad, Counter-Operations Agent (COA)
Former Employee - Geek Squad, Counter-Operations Agent (COA)

I worked at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros

I learned a lot working with this company and met great people.

Cons

Management is not as organized as I though it would be and I had to deal with a lot of rude employees who had been there longer than me. The managers say that they will talk to them about but that never happen or change the situation, which is why I quit.

Learn how to manage employees better.

5777 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Don't quit your day job.

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist
    Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

The associates who work there are one of a kind. Most customers are a gem. & the knowledge you gain about product is substantial in the time that you're there.

Cons

Although the product knowledge rises dramatically in a short time span.. It is not useful information a majority of the time. Hours are not good during the off season. The company is no longer focused on the customer but rather the profit gained from them. Pay rates are completely unfair and vary drastically between associates. I'd only recommend this job to people who are willing to make money on the side. Working here are your one and only job will not be fun.

You should listen more closely to what your employees have to say. It is them after all who make the business run.

It used to be a great place to work.

I have been working at Best Buy full-time

Pros

Good employee discount.
    You get to meet and interact with a lot of different people.

Cons

Pay is no longer competitive.
    Territory/District Manader in T3/D74Austin are terrible. No personality, don't seem to really care about employees.
    Work hours. No time for holidays with families.

Seriously do something about the TGM and DM for T3 and D74. They have terrible personalities. They can not follow company plans. This makes it confusing for leaders in the building who get communication direct from the corporate to do something one way and then get told they have done it wrong because that's not the "territory plan" or district plan."

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!