great place to work if you find the right store and management!!!

Former Employee - Computer Sales and Geek Squad  in  Clarence, NY
Former Employee - Computer Sales and Geek Squad in Clarence, NY

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

Pros

great people to work with and great discounts for stuff sold exclusively by Best Buy. Many opportunities to move up with pay raises! I moved from computer sales to Geek Squad with in a few months!

Cons

it's retail! lol. customers can be a pain and you will probably work black Friday! some of the managers can be micro managerial but what retail company isn't like that!

back up your employees! if they're not supposed to mark something down or give a refund don't just come over and do it anyway to shut the customer up!

Other Reviews for Best Buy

Fun environment, pay could be better

Current Employee - Home Business Sales  in  Mansfield, OH
    Current Employee - Home Business Sales in Mansfield, OH

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great technology and products. Fun work environment and great co-workers (well, most of them).

Cons

Pay is OK, but not great. Part time hours are not consistent, and it's hard to move up to full time. Having to know so much about so many products is difficult.

Let sales people specialize in one area (home theater, or appliances or games) instead of expecting them to know a lot about everything.

Ehhh......

Current Employee - Geek Squad, Counter-Operations Agent (COA)  in  Peachtree City, GA
    Current Employee - Geek Squad, Counter-Operations Agent (COA) in Peachtree City, GA

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Depending on your location you will work with some GREAT people.

Cons

Pay is ehhh... But it is retail, so I guess its ok. You will deal with angry customers wanting grade A+ service on their computers, but they want to pay Monopoly money.....

Be more friendly with your employees! And stop letting your position go to your head, and step off the high horse my friend!

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!