Best Buy
3.3 of 5 4,713 reviews
www.bestbuy.com Richfield, MN 5000+ Employees

Really supportive

Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
Bastrop, TX

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

ProsThis company really supports its employees in numerous ways. It works with you on hours for college, college tuition reimbursement, health benefits. Its great to feel like someone has my back.

ConsLots of missed communication can lead to terrible results (all of which can be fixed if you speak up)

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more positive feedback, I'm number one in sales almost every month, and I always feel like I just can't do enough to get a "good job" out of you guys.

Fire you without telling you

Sales Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros: Fun first time job Good if you need to quickly buy… Cons: I was layed off without being told. After not being scheduled for 3 weeks, I discovered my employee account was deactivated and that I am… Advice to Senior Management: Contact your employees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Don't waste your time

Geek Squad, Autotech (Former Employee)
Beaverton, OR

I worked at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros: The employee discount is ridiculously good for some items; 5% above… Cons: There is terrible communication among management. I would constantly get yelled at for doing something wrong when another manager told me to do it… Advice to Senior Management: Put those "walkies" to use by actually communicating important details with your employees, especially new hires. Your employee shouldn't have to talk to 5… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly. All reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees.