Best Buy

www.bestbuy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Great people! Fun Job! not very good with pay.

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Lead in Sunrise, FL
Current Employee - Mobile Sales Lead in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The old discounts are back (5% above cost). Pretty flexible with your schedule too. The people you work with are great and makes the job a lot more enjoyable. Being non commission makes it easier to sell and less stressful on yourself. That being said you do not make as much money.

Cons

The only reason I am leaving (Just put my 2 weeks in) is because of pay. If I was getting paid more I would stay and maybe consider BestBuy a career choice. The average employee is making 9-10 dollars an hour. There is a chance to bonus but happens maybe 2-3 times a year. If you are looking for part time work around 15-25 hours a week Best Buy will be great! If you NEED to be making more money you will need to look elsewhere (I start AT&T in 2 weeks and will be making 3-4 times what I make now doing the same thing just focused strictly on AT&T products...not 14 other carriers) I have worked for the company for almost 3 years and have seen the decline, I truly hope for a turnaround for Best Buy!!!

Path To Excellence is a good way to keep the "drive" for your sales team, some what makes up for no commission. The company's biggest struggle is paying employees for the work they do. Receiving 1 dollar for every 1,000 you make is great business but will lead to high turnover. Fix this issue now before it becomes an even bigger problem (Best Buy cannot afford any more problems)

6601 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Good Job

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Rosa, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Rosa, CA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly Staff and great opportunities to advance and move to different departments.

Cons

Nothing I can really say without sounding too picky.

None

Great Place to Learn the Art of Selling

Former Employee - Computer Specialist in West Paterson, NJ
    Former Employee - Computer Specialist in West Paterson, NJ

I worked at Best Buy part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great training and enrichment programs to learn sales and upselling. Allows for independent growth and different career paths in company.

Cons

Its retail and the hours an be bad. Customers will be disrespectful and condescending. Limited opportunity unless you want to remain in retail.

Superstar sellers do not make good managers.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy