There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Great people! Fun Job! not very good with pay.

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Lead  in  Sunrise, FL
Current Employee - Mobile Sales Lead in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The old discounts are back (5% above cost). Pretty flexible with your schedule too. The people you work with are great and makes the job a lot more enjoyable. Being non commission makes it easier to sell and less stressful on yourself. That being said you do not make as much money.

Cons

The only reason I am leaving (Just put my 2 weeks in) is because of pay. If I was getting paid more I would stay and maybe consider BestBuy a career choice. The average employee is making 9-10 dollars an hour. There is a chance to bonus but happens maybe 2-3 times a year. If you are looking for part time work around 15-25 hours a week Best Buy will be great! If you NEED to be making more money you will need to look elsewhere (I start AT&T in 2 weeks and will be making 3-4 times what I make now doing the same thing just focused strictly on AT&T products...not 14 other carriers) I have worked for the company for almost 3 years and have seen the decline, I truly hope for a turnaround for Best Buy!!!

Path To Excellence is a good way to keep the "drive" for your sales team, some what makes up for no commission. The company's biggest struggle is paying employees for the work they do. Receiving 1 dollar for every 1,000 you make is great business but will lead to high turnover. Fix this issue now before it becomes an even bigger problem (Best Buy cannot afford any more problems)

5735 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Great Place to Learn the Art of Selling

Former Employee - Computer Specialist  in  West Paterson, NJ
    Former Employee - Computer Specialist in West Paterson, NJ

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training and enrichment programs to learn sales and upselling. Allows for independent growth and different career paths in company.

Cons

Its retail and the hours an be bad. Customers will be disrespectful and condescending. Limited opportunity unless you want to remain in retail.

Superstar sellers do not make good managers.

Once the Best, now dying.

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leader in the electronics industry for in store purchases.
    Great in store leadership from GM on up to regional Management.

Cons

Now surviving on a weak pulse. On-line sales from Amazon are the reason for their eminant demise.

Go after Amazon agressively before it's too late. You need an discount warehouse to sell through on aged inventory with prices competitive to Amazon.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!