Best Buy
3.3 of 5 4,733 reviews
www.bestbuy.com Richfield, MN 5000+ Employees

Overall, my experience at Best Buy was positive because of my coworkers and I was selling tech that I was interested in.

Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Omaha, NE

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

ProsI loved working at Best Buy. My co-workers were fun, people were promoted regularly, and we were provided t-shirts and sweaters to wear in the winter. There was an ample amount of training, I never felt lost or confused.

ConsThe customers can be awful, especially if you are going into customer service. We were told we had to meet credit card application requirements - e.g. we were supposed to get 1 a day. This put a lot of unneeded stress on me and my coworkers.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy department was undergoing a change in team leaders, it was hectic and disorganized. I would say to make sure there is a specific manager someone on a team can go to if they have issues.

Best Buy is a cool Place to work

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Oxnard, CA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: New technology is very cool Cons: Customers can be real lame Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Fun work environment

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Eau Claire, WI

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros: Great discount, decent wages compared to similar stores and positions, fun and friendly… Cons: Huge emphasis on selling protection plans, credit cards, and membership (even as a cashier). Customer… Advice to Senior Management: You do a great job at keeping your employees motivated, and caring for your employees. Remember… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly. All reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees.