I love it

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sanford, FL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sanford, FL

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

not too much pressure to sell to customers to make a daily quota. as long as youre doing the steps they train you to do, you will be fine

Cons

management cuts hours weekly if numbers are low

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Best Buy is a cool Place to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oxnard, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oxnard, CA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

New technology is very cool

Cons

Customers can be real lame

2. Great people! Fun Job! not very good with pay.

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Lead in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Mobile Sales Lead in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The old discounts are back (5% above cost). Pretty flexible with your schedule too. The people you work with are great and makes the job a lot more enjoyable. Being non commission makes it easier to sell and less stressful on yourself. That being said you do not make as much money.

Cons

The only reason I am leaving (Just put my 2 weeks in) is because of pay. If I was getting paid more I would stay and maybe consider BestBuy a career choice. The average employee is making 9-10 dollars an hour. There is a chance to bonus but happens maybe 2-3 times a year. If you are looking for part time work around 15-25 hours a week Best Buy will be great! If you NEED to be making more money you will need to look elsewhere (I start AT&T in 2 weeks and will be making 3-4 times what I make now doing the same thing just focused strictly on AT&T products...not 14 other carriers) I have worked for the company for almost 3 years and have seen the decline, I truly hope for a turnaround for Best Buy!!!

Advice to Management

Path To Excellence is a good way to keep the "drive" for your sales team, some what makes up for no commission. The company's biggest struggle is paying employees for the work they do. Receiving 1 dollar for every 1,000 you make is great business but will lead to high turnover. Fix this issue now before it becomes an even bigger problem (Best Buy cannot afford any more problems)