Best Buy

www.bestbuy.com

Great job.... until it sucks your soul out and tramples it.

Product Process Supervisor (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsBest Buy as a company is very willing to support you and help you grow as an employee. There are several different types of advancement opportunities and learning options. As long as you are performing well, they will take care of you and help you to advance. The employee discount is amazing and there are even ways to get things cheaper than what an employee could normally get (accommodations program) and that Best Buy doesn't sell. The benefit package is very competitive and the 401(k) matching is above average. The management staff truly tries to make Best Buy a fun place while still running it as a business.

ConsBest Buy leadership can be very fickle. A lot of times I feel like my talents and additions I bring to the store are taken for granted. I have lead a department hands down better than the any other store in company and still gotten micromanaged and documented for minor issues. Yes, they should have been done according the Stand Operation Platform, but we are all human. If I am outperforming every store, do I need a write up because a sign was the wrong color? And when I take initiative to improve the customer shopping experience, when did that become wasting time.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to stop being so fickle towards employees. The best employees and the worst employees are often one in the same depending on what day it is and how you feel like acting. You are worse than most of the employees as far as behaviors go, so don't hold people accountable to standards you don't hold yourself to. If a manager spends time reading a magazine or talking about sports, or just hanging out, don't get upset at an employee for doing the same thing. If an employee gives 110%, but can't meet unrealistic standards, is it really their fault.

Best Buy works for you while you work hard for them.

PCHO and Portable Electronics Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros: The company understands from the top down that you have priorities in life other than Best Buy. The discount (5% above cost) saves anyone buying… Cons: Reduced vacation during holiday months. Rare to have weekends off. Advice to Senior Management: Remove bonus from mobile employees as the rest of the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Best Buy is a fast advancing company for employers

Cashier (Former Employee) Miami, FL

I worked at Best Buy

Pros: when working as a full-time employee there are good benefits. If you are attending school, you can get money back for every grade C and… Cons: some shifts can end extremely late or begin extremely early depending on your job position. Best Buy employees tend to get written up… Advice to Senior Management: find a way to attend to customers as soon as… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!