Best Buy
3.3 of 5 4,776 reviews
www.bestbuy.com Richfield, MN 5000+ Employees

Great job.... until it sucks your soul out and tramples it.

Product Process Supervisor (Current Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Best Buy

ProsBest Buy as a company is very willing to support you and help you grow as an employee. There are several different types of advancement opportunities and learning options. As long as you are performing well, they will take care of you and help you to advance. The employee discount is amazing and there are even ways to get things cheaper than what an employee could normally get (accommodations program) and that Best Buy doesn't sell. The benefit package is very competitive and the 401(k) matching is above average. The management staff truly tries to make Best Buy a fun place while still running it as a business.

ConsBest Buy leadership can be very fickle. A lot of times I feel like my talents and additions I bring to the store are taken for granted. I have lead a department hands down better than the any other store in company and still gotten micromanaged and documented for minor issues. Yes, they should have been done according the Stand Operation Platform, but we are all human. If I am outperforming every store, do I need a write up because a sign was the wrong color? And when I take initiative to improve the customer shopping experience, when did that become wasting time.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to stop being so fickle towards employees. The best employees and the worst employees are often one in the same depending on what day it is and how you feel like acting. You are worse than most of the employees as far as behaviors go, so don't hold people accountable to standards you don't hold yourself to. If a manager spends time reading a magazine or talking about sports, or just hanging out, don't get upset at an employee for doing the same thing. If an employee gives 110%, but can't meet unrealistic standards, is it really their fault.

You'll never get as far as you're promised and you'll always be expected to produce more (only, they wont pay you more).

Geek Squad, Agent Senior (CIA Senior ) (Current Employee)

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros: The experience and knowledge gained from Best Buy from purely a business perspective has opened my perspective. Not very many company offer the opportunity… Cons: Growth and potential is (in more cases than not) based entirely on who you know and your standing with them. The organization is extremely… Advice to Senior Management: Be mindful that people have real lives and that people who are not in management roles aren't working any less hard than those who are.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Don't bother working for Best Buy unless you are desperate.

Geek Squad, Agent Senior (CIA Senior ) (Current Employee)

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros: Employee Discount, tuition reimbursement, desperation. Cons: The customers are hostile at times and yell at line-levels who have no real say and are only following policy. Best Buy does not train… Advice to Senior Management: When a manager has numerous HR complaints and employees refuse to take a RAISE to work under that person, they should be moved… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly. All reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees.