There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Management seems to only care about themselves and their bonuses.

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Growth opportunity if willing to change locations. Plenty of learning opportunity if management gives you the time.

Cons

No consistency through out the company. GM of stores can re- write policies as they see fit. Annual pay raises are extremely small for line level employees.

5971 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Best Buy For Life

Former Employee - Part-time Best Buy Mobile in North Olmsted, OH
    Former Employee - Part-time Best Buy Mobile in North Olmsted, OH

I worked at Best Buy part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good job for a college student. Better than average pay. Looks great on a resume.

Cons

Way too serious. Employees are a mix of high school drop outs that don't plan on going to school, but do plan to climb the best buy career ladder... Even if they've held the same position for 5 years. Still trying. Some stores budget is too high, so no bonus. There is no encouragement to sell more if you get paid the same.

Quit promoting high school drop outs with no degree to management. Especially because of favoritism.

One of the BEST retail companies I have worked for so far

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Lead in Chicago Ridge, IL
    Current Employee - Mobile Sales Lead in Chicago Ridge, IL

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

After switching from a big box store SWAS and to a SAS, I rose through the ranks a lot faster. Received more experience and training at the SAS location. The pay is wonderful. Associates are knowledgeable...we know what we are talking about.

Cons

The quotas they ask for a store to hit are a bit ridiculous. Wish we didn't sell Apple products because the majority of customers who spend all their money on Apple do not want to protect their $300+ investment or buy accessories for it. Reason why I say this is because the company does not make money on selling an Apple product alone. We are losing against Amazon.com because people do want to purchase the same products but cheaper. In order to win against Amazon, Best Buy HQ needs to just start marking down their products to at least a few dollars cheaper without having to go through the whole price override which will later lead to erosion. Best Buy is a show room for Amazon so why not have the price of the electronics already marked down, priced to Amazon, which will get the customer to buy now.

Listen to your employees who are in the battlefield selling for the company. People are broke however, they still want the greatest and latest without having to spend so much, which is why they shop at Amazon or buy from Walmart

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy