Best Buy

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Best Buy For Life

Former Employee - Part-time Best Buy Mobile in North Olmsted, OH
Former Employee - Part-time Best Buy Mobile in North Olmsted, OH

I worked at Best Buy part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good job for a college student. Better than average pay. Looks great on a resume.

Cons

Way too serious. Employees are a mix of high school drop outs that don't plan on going to school, but do plan to climb the best buy career ladder... Even if they've held the same position for 5 years. Still trying. Some stores budget is too high, so no bonus. There is no encouragement to sell more if you get paid the same.

Quit promoting high school drop outs with no degree to management. Especially because of favoritism.

6330 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

One of the BEST retail companies I have worked for so far

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Lead in Chicago Ridge, IL
    Current Employee - Mobile Sales Lead in Chicago Ridge, IL

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

After switching from a big box store SWAS and to a SAS, I rose through the ranks a lot faster. Received more experience and training at the SAS location. The pay is wonderful. Associates are knowledgeable...we know what we are talking about.

Cons

The quotas they ask for a store to hit are a bit ridiculous. Wish we didn't sell Apple products because the majority of customers who spend all their money on Apple do not want to protect their $300+ investment or buy accessories for it. Reason why I say this is because the company does not make money on selling an Apple product alone. We are losing against Amazon.com because people do want to purchase the same products but cheaper. In order to win against Amazon, Best Buy HQ needs to just start marking down their products to at least a few dollars cheaper without having to go through the whole price override which will later lead to erosion. Best Buy is a show room for Amazon so why not have the price of the electronics already marked down, priced to Amazon, which will get the customer to buy now.

Listen to your employees who are in the battlefield selling for the company. People are broke however, they still want the greatest and latest without having to spend so much, which is why they shop at Amazon or buy from Walmart

Can be a good company - but its all about cutting costs and piling more work on workers

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Richfield, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Richfield, MN

I worked at Best Buy full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Generally the company culture is good - people really care about doing the right thing.

Cons

As with most companies - you are very important until they want to cut costs - then you aren't so important anymore. Focus is on too many things which makes the core business suffer.

Cut the politics - if you actually listen to people vs. just senior management you might hear some interesting things.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy