Best Buy
3.3 of 5 4,733 reviews
www.bestbuy.com Richfield, MN 5000+ Employees

They have their faults but Best Buy is an overall great company

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

ProsBest Buy has an amazing employee discount and great benefits for full time employees. Best Buy allows your schedule to be pretty flexible. Sales Induction is a great experience. Best Buy takes training seriously. Learning Lounge is good but most employees rush through it and you don't really get a lot of time to do elearnings. You will learn a lot at Best Buy and have an overall good experience.

ConsManagers are constantly on your butt about your sales numbers and credit apps. You are forced to attack customers as soon as they come through the doors. Sometimes you are not seen as an individual but are put into a big pool of employees. Can be stressful around the holiday season.

Advice to Senior ManagementSales are important but you don't constantly have to repeat yourselves 20 times an hour about getting credit apps. Trust your employees to make good sales. Take time to get to know your employees on a personal level and show a genuine interest in their personal growth.

Excellent.. Without Worksheets

Home Life Specialist (Current Employee)
Odenton, MD

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros: Awesome Discount Lots of Initial Training Helping Customers Cons: Worksheets Pay Lack of Training after Induction Advice to Senior Management: We don't need to use a worksheet to take a customer to a specific product.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Learning experience

Auto Tech (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

Pros: Learned a skill that I can take with me for the rest of… Cons: Hours of working on cars could get very lengthy if there… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly. All reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees.