They have their faults but Best Buy is an overall great company

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Roanoke, VA
Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Best Buy has an amazing employee discount and great benefits for full time employees. Best Buy allows your schedule to be pretty flexible. Sales Induction is a great experience. Best Buy takes training seriously. Learning Lounge is good but most employees rush through it and you don't really get a lot of time to do elearnings. You will learn a lot at Best Buy and have an overall good experience.

Cons

Managers are constantly on your butt about your sales numbers and credit apps. You are forced to attack customers as soon as they come through the doors. Sometimes you are not seen as an individual but are put into a big pool of employees. Can be stressful around the holiday season.

Sales are important but you don't constantly have to repeat yourselves 20 times an hour about getting credit apps. Trust your employees to make good sales. Take time to get to know your employees on a personal level and show a genuine interest in their personal growth.

Other Reviews for Best Buy

Excellent.. Without Worksheets

Current Employee - Home Life Specialist  in  Odenton, MD
    Current Employee - Home Life Specialist in Odenton, MD

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome Discount
    Lots of Initial Training
    Helping Customers

Cons

Worksheets
    Pay
    Lack of Training after Induction

We don't need to use a worksheet to take a customer to a specific product. It takes away from the customer experience and is more of a distraction than anything.

Corporate office... high pressure, low responsibility..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture at the corporate office is a refreshing change of pace from my previous experiences at very white collar companies. I think this leads to workers here being extremely dedicated to Best Buy, as I've never seen so many long careers at one company.

Cons

This same culture that is refreshing, also could be attributing to their downfall. The place is a ghost town at 2pm on a Friday... ever heard of a 40 hour work week people?

Change the culture, better recognize the talent.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!