Best Buy

www.bestbuy.com

The work was what I expected, management was not.

Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) Portage, MI

ProsWhen a customer comes in looking for the product or service that management wants to be selling then life is a breeze. Giving a customer exactly what they ask for and not having to shove BS down their throats is satisfying, but it's rare to get a that type of transaction.

There's a competitive nature to selling product that makes work a bit interesting.

ConsThey only care about numbers. At the end of the day you could develop life long customers, but if you didn't talk them into a best buy credit card or a service plan then you get zero credit.

There is so much pressure to sell service plans, you'll get constant reminders that they're looking to see specific sales from you. Doing business this way is so off putting to customers and at the end of the day it basically comes down to who is the best at tricking customers to getting more than they need.

As a Sales associate who's on seasonal and wants to make full-time, good luck. They'll tell you that you're being considered to stay on, but actual full-time positions are very rare to get and are hardly ever available. Staying on means an awful schedule ranging from weeks with 7 five hour shifts to weeks where you're not on the schedule. Keep an eye on the schedule, they like to put you on times that you identify as unavailable.

Also the learning lounge training is a joke and the training for seasonal workers is practically non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis specific store has a bad reputation comparatively to other locations, perhaps this isn't the story at every Best Buy.

The managers don't really care about much, they just show up and hide most of the time that they are there.

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros: It is what you make of it, but don't expect anyone to really help you out. If… Cons: No one really cares about what you do. You don't get any type of training whatsoever. You just show up pretty much, everyone hates working… Advice to Senior Management: They should get new management, they should hire people who are suitable for the job, people who are excited to work and who are leaders,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Best Buy

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) (Former Employee) Beaumont, TX

I worked at Best Buy for more than a year

Pros: Typically there are good people to work with. The company values are good and the employee discount is a good… Cons: The pay is not always stellar and the benefits have not been as great for health in recent years as previously. They had reduced the… Advice to Senior Management: I would suggest that they pay attention to turn over rate in a department… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!