www.bestbuy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

The managers don't really care about much, they just show up and hide most of the time that they are there.

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is what you make of it, but don't expect anyone to really help you out. If you start to do good most of the managers will notice you and I kid you not

Cons

No one really cares about what you do. You don't get any type of training whatsoever. You just show up pretty much, everyone hates working there, even the managers, which would surprise most people as to how can people not like working selling technology to customers? It's one of the easiest jobs out there.

They should get new management, they should hire people who are suitable for the job, people who are excited to work and who are leaders, not managers who can barely walk, or walk with their cell on glued to their hands, while walking everywhere and not even looking up. From the moment she walks in to the moment she leaves she is on her cell phone no matter what. (this manager is the worst one I have ever seen.) Not even joking!!!

6552 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Former Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Beaumont, TX
    Former Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Beaumont, TX

I worked at Best Buy (more than an year)

Pros

Typically there are good people to work with. The company values are good and the employee discount is a good incentive. Sometimes the people that are promoted are not really all that adept at the job they are promoted to.

Cons

The pay is not always stellar and the benefits have not been as great for health in recent years as previously. They had reduced the employee discount a good bit and reversed it to the better discount recently. I can see them reducing the discount again in the future as a cost cutting effort.

I would suggest that they pay attention to turn over rate in a department as this indicates if there may be something wrong with the structure or the leadership.

It has been a good ride so far.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Valparaiso, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Valparaiso, IN

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Supervisors and direct managers are usually great people and care about the employees. Get to work with very cool products and that employee discount is pretty nice too. My supervisor is very flexible with my hours and always asks me to look at his rough draft schedule before he posts it to make sure it works for me. They have always been supportive of any sort of training I wanted to do and are also being very supportive now as I am trying to transfer stores since I am moving. They also reward on performance which is awesome. I am young to work there (19) but I work hard and because of that my management relies on my selling skills and and they treat me as an experienced salesman. My general manager goes out of his way every day to ask every employee how they are doing that day and if there's anything they need. I understand this isn't a company wide view but at my store, things are quite nice.

Cons

Customers..... you have good ones, and you have REALLY REALLY bad ones. You can also say goodbye to your holidays cause you'll spend the majority of them in the big blue box. I worked 20 hours on black friday.... that shouldn't even be legal. Poor product knowledge training, they mainly focus on selling skills.

Better training on product knowledge and more rewarding pay. I think I should make a little more than $9 an hour when I sell thousands of dollars of product every single day.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy