www.bestbuy.com
  www.bestbuy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

The managers don't really care about much, they just show up and hide most of the time that they are there.

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is what you make of it, but don't expect anyone to really help you out. If you start to do good most of the managers will notice you and I kid you not

Cons

No one really cares about what you do. You don't get any type of training whatsoever. You just show up pretty much, everyone hates working there, even the managers, which would surprise most people as to how can people not like working selling technology to customers? It's one of the easiest jobs out there.

They should get new management, they should hire people who are suitable for the job, people who are excited to work and who are leaders, not managers who can barely walk, or walk with their cell on glued to their hands, while walking everywhere and not even looking up. From the moment she walks in to the moment she leaves she is on her cell phone no matter what. (this manager is the worst one I have ever seen.) Not even joking!!!

6188 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Former Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Beaumont, TX
    Former Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Beaumont, TX

I worked at Best Buy (more than an year)

Pros

Typically there are good people to work with. The company values are good and the employee discount is a good incentive. Sometimes the people that are promoted are not really all that adept at the job they are promoted to.

Cons

The pay is not always stellar and the benefits have not been as great for health in recent years as previously. They had reduced the employee discount a good bit and reversed it to the better discount recently. I can see them reducing the discount again in the future as a cost cutting effort.

I would suggest that they pay attention to turn over rate in a department as this indicates if there may be something wrong with the structure or the leadership.

excellent

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dublin, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dublin, CA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

good work environment, well motivated team.

Cons

no room for advancement, higher ups don't care to much for lower level workers.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy