There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Best experience working with Best Buy.

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate  in  Gresham, OR
Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Gresham, OR

I worked at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros

-The ecosystem. It is a really great, fun environment to work at.
-Improving the social skills.

Cons

-Not really a con, but not becoming a permanent employee, which is understandable of course.

I've had an exceptional management team. If any other management is reading this, I can say that one of the important things when you are managing the store is - to of course manage the store, but when it comes to interaction with employee's treat them as people and with respect, and it is always great (but optional) to have a great sense of humor.

5735 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Probably one of the better retail jobs for skill building

I worked at Best Buy full-time

Pros

I'm not going to make any rose-colored projections about how a retail job would change your life, but if you do find yourself needing to work in retail-this is probably one of the best companies you can join to build interpersonal/career skills. They are very training-intensive, and the nature of the job demands you contribute a high level of performance. I was a home theater sales associate for almost 3 years, and got quite a bit of technical knowledge as well as confidence in interacting with strangers. Also, everybody that works there is quite amicable and good natured-qualities I think the company values intensively during the hiring process. I made quite a few good friends. They are also pretty good about promoting from within, I knew quite a few high level employees who got their starts as regular sales associates.

Cons

You are there to make the company money, and at times this can make you feel exploited/expendable. If you stick to the job and do good work, you won't really have a lot of anxiety about your position.

Make sure your employees feel cared for

There are worse jobs out there.

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Time passes quickly, learn about new tech, gain experience...good job for during college or just after.

Cons

It's retail, it wears on you after a while. Can get very busy at certain locations.

Less paperwork/sales sheets with customers, focus more on personal interaction and conversations.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!