Best Buy
3.3 of 5 4,750 reviews
www.bestbuy.com Richfield, MN 5000+ Employees

Not Bad for Retail

Lead Compters Specialist, Portable Electronics Specialist (Former Employee)
Alexandria, VA

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

ProsThe payrate is decent. Not enough to completely live off of where I worked, but well above what other electronics stores offer. The employee discount is also really nice; most places won't top it. You also tend to be recognized for your hard work and commitment.

ConsIt's retail, so it comes with rude, entitled customers, long hours on your feet, questionable management choices, and lazy coworkers. Also, you're encouraged to push protection plans aggressively, and although you're not paid on commission, your performance will be judged based off of how many plans you sell a month. It encourages underhanded tactics and suspicion among customers, which strains customer loyalty.

Advice to Senior ManagementPush more customer loyalty and understand, not so much on services that are grossly unpopular among everyone except the grossly uneducated.

Bestbuy

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros: Good company to work foe Cons: In a turn around right now Advice to Senior Management: You work hard but good comp More

Overall good experience, despite corporate frustrations

I have been working at Best Buy part-time

Pros: For the most part, Geek Squad treats you well, pays… Cons: The company changes directions at times without fully equipping each… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly. All reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees.