There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

great place to work

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Richfield, MN
Current Employee - Analyst in Richfield, MN

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

best buy has a great work culture

Cons

like everyone else we are doing more with less

5825 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Overall, my experience was good.

Former Employee - Mobile
    Former Employee - Mobile

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

I learned so much about technology from my coworkers, Best Buy likes to hire associated with strong outside interests such as web design, photography, gaming, and everything in between. I loved working for a company that hired people who had a true interest in keeping up with the latest trends in technology.

Cons

Towards the end of my employment (my store was closed, I didn't get fired) there were some unfavorable changes in the structure of the store. We had to carry a personal binder around with us all day that had my first and last name on it and that was a privacy issue for me, I didn't want customers knowing my last name. Also, before I could clock off I had to have a mini meeting with a manager (any manager, not only my own) about my daily performance. It was ridiculous, most managers outside of my department didn't even know how to look up my sales goals and tracking because my department used a different system than theirs. Waste of time.

I would put an end to the micromanaging and please separate Geek Squad from Customer Service! Customers are waiting way too long in lines because of this merger.

Products are innovative and cool, keeping company afloat., stressful environment.

Current Employee - Services  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Services in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great discounts and the pay is good, not worth the stuff you have to go through.

Cons

Work environment is stressful. Job security is low.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!