There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

It was good, but could have been great.

I worked at Best Buy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

For most it was a great work environment. It was like working with your friends everyday. Got to pal with the newest electronic gadgets

Cons

Management shifts are frequent, and not always for the best. Some managers just get cycled around when they're not meeting their goals. Training can be spotty an not 100% informative

Invest in your infrastructure to make employees jobs easier, and provide better quality training instead of a video have actual trainers who are certified

reviews filtered by
  1. Career Growth was driven by individual employees desire

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

close network who are loyal to the brand

Cons

Work Life Balance is a challenge

include leadership within the employee experience mission

Challenging, rewarding and fun

Current Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I am never bored. There's always work to get done. I enjoy the people and the culture of the company. I have worked for another large company (150k+ employees) and a small company (~1.5k employees) and working for Best Buy, by far, has been the greatest experience.

Cons

Current state of the business makes it difficult to feel secure in my position. Best Buy also lacks discipline in terms of staying focused on the work that's critical to the business. There are many work groups running around with their heads cut off and from my vantage point, most of the time, the work is not going to help the company with their challenges.

Get focused. Learn to lay out priorities and objectives/goals for your employees. Reduce the layers in management and the executive team. Directors should have a minimum of 5 employees. There's no reason any director shouldn't have a real "team" of people working for them. A good leader knows how to take a team and delegate responsibilities appropriately.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy