Best Buy

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Decent, but...

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Loveland, CO
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's fun, ever changing and exciting. I'm constantly learning new systems and meeting new people. It's a very competitive environment, which is perfect. You can really showcase your talents.

Cons

The management is a little shaky. Maybe it's because of the the company's current restructuring, but it's difficult to get them to hear you out. Even when you talk to them one on one, my problem has been scheduling. Plus, there are some people in the upper positions who shouldn't be there.

Hear out your employees! Sometimes they know best!

6847 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Great while going to school

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Decent pay for the work I did, plus I got to talk about technology and help people understand technology better.

Cons

Some of the managers were a pain, but most were a pleasure to work with. There were cliques and if you weren't in one you could feel like an outsider.

Try not to micromanage and nit pick!

Worst Retail experience

Current Employee - Analyst in Richfield, MN
    Current Employee - Analyst in Richfield, MN

I have been working at Best Buy full-time

Pros

Office building is nice, many amenities that make it so you don't have to leave, most employees are friendly

Cons

Pay; they don't pay competitively in this market, but sell you on the concept of flexible work time (ROWE), however they have since eliminated that policy so you work the same schedule as other places with less pay. Many layers of management are incompetent, managers pass the buck on accountability and push all the blame to those working below them. Managers won't have your back and will be looking out for only themselves. Some layers of management seem to be sexist and more likely to listen to and give opportunities to men. Be leery of many analyst jobs, often this company's concept of an "analyst" is a person that can churn out reports all day long instead of providing insights and adding value. With the elimination of ROWE and many layoffs and re-orgs, morale is very low. I have never worked at a place where so many people want to quit.

Take a hard look at the "talent" you promote into manager and director levels; fix morale

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy