There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Fast paced environment -fantastic human capital in a friendly environment

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule despite the cancellation of ROWE -flex scheduling didn't go away
Values of the company

Cons

Old IT systems that don't "talk" to each other

reviews filtered by

Meh....

Current Employee - Sales in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Sales in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you're in high school or college, it's good enough for spending money.

Cons

Pay wasn't great and the managers are very demanding, always pushing you to "make your numbers" as though you aren't trying hard enough in the first place... They get a bonus if their store hits a certain figure, but the actual sales teams do not.

Advice to Management

Hire better, smarter, and mor professional store managers.

Pressure

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Lansing, MI

I worked at Best Buy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great employee discount, couldn't be better. Good relationships with external vendors also allows for employee discounts like Klipsch, Sony, Monster, Dyson, etc. The hours weren't terrible. You definitely got your fair share of training so they didn't send you off into la la land without preparing you.

Cons

Huge push to sell protection plans, sign up credit cards, and push for sales of geek-squad services. You were not on commission, but your sales were looked at heavily. If you weren't meeting the requirements you'd get warnings and constant irritation from the managers. Do more, sell more, get them a credit card so they can pay for part of it that way. It was horrible! I was forced to offer credit cards to unsuspecting kids 18 and older who had no clue about credit, how nasty it could be, and the true costs when you didn't pay off stay within the promotional timeframe.

Advice to Management

I get that you are in sales, but you shouldn't make your employees feel guilty if they didn't sell that little old lady a monster tv or all the bells and whistles that go along with everything, or if you felt bad about charging that said little old lady to come out and hook up her tv for an outrageous amount. Shame on you for pestering people with your trade-in program that people paid for up front to get some money back (maybe) later. Horrible. Your company policies are horrible, they are just getting worse and I can't believe you are still in business. I'm a consumer of your company now and we spend a great deal of money in your stores, but that is quickly changing.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy