Best Buy
3.3 of 5 4,776 reviews
www.bestbuy.com Richfield, MN 5000+ Employees

Full of giggles and spills.

Geek Squad, Home Theater Specialist (Former Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Best Buy full-time for less than a year

ProsI like the big screen tvs. It's nice because you never miss the big sporting events and when things are slow you can go in the theater room and watch an awesome movie on the big sound system.

ConsI didn't like that I had to sell people stuff. It was hard sometimes and they had lots of questions that were hard to answer.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think that 5% commission is way too low for a big screen tv sale. I think they should up it to at least 50%, it only seems fair.

Great place to gain retail experience

Cashier (Former Employee)
Fullerton, CA

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros: Managers and leads were always willing to help you better your position and performance. There was some mobility in… Cons: None for the company itself; it's the customers you'll have… Advice to Senior Management: Be more willing to let your sales associates switch shifts… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Fast paced environment -fantastic human capital in a friendly environment

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Flexible work schedule despite the cancellation of ROWE -flex scheduling… Cons: Old IT systems that don't "talk" to each other Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly. All reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees.