There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Great opportunity for advancement while gaining leadership skills.

Former Employee - Best Buy Mobile Manager in Irvine, CA
Former Employee - Best Buy Mobile Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company to work for while going to college. There were great advancement opportunities for those who worked hard. Amazing benefits such as health/401K/employee stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement. It was a very fun job where I enjoyed the relationships that I made with employees and customers.

Cons

Very numbers driven culture. The job was very stressful when numbers were down. The company had a "restructuring" every year where leadership positions were eliminated.

Advice to Management

Go back to the employee-centric days of 2005 and I believe that customer and financial results will improve.

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. Great company

Former Employee - Manager in Richfield, MN
    Former Employee - Manager in Richfield, MN

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great building, relaxed atmosphere, lots of authority, can direct own career path.

Cons

Not told what the Renew Blue strategy is exactly. The street hears news before the employees.

Advice to Management

Share information with the employees; so, they don't have to hear it from friends and relatives. Be honest about performance of the company.

2. Over the years many great experiences

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Many opportunities to advance with in the company with out having a college degree. Company paid training, tuition reimbursement and bonus structure. Paid time off, health benefits, and wealth benefits such as 401k

Cons

With retail the downside is the long hours you have to work, nights and weekends. The constant change that the company has doesnt really make you feel secure at times. too many policy changes.