Best Buy

Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Customer Specialist

I have been working at Best Buy part-time

Pros

Wide range of continuing growth in knowledge and strong business planning skills are developed from working with this company.

Cons

Sometimes stress levels can increase based on customers and management experience.

Don't be too stressed out someday's foster as much of a positive environment as possible.

6822 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Good Company, Managers are to tense

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Owasso, OK
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Owasso, OK

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy job, good discount. My GM is an awesome guy who really knows what he his doing. Co workers are all pretty good

Cons

managers hounding you for crazy sales. Supervisors and assistant managers are always in a stressed mood and it makes everyone feel tense

take a chill pill and inspire workers with positive attitudes, not negative ones.

It all depends on the branch...

Former Employee - Geek Squad Senior
    Former Employee - Geek Squad Senior

I worked at Best Buy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My time in my first branch was absolutely amazing. It was just a college job, but I learned many soft skills that still help me to this day. Our GM was very good at putting people in the best position to do an excellent job, which was a refreshing change from the horror stories that I've heard from other people.

Cons

Sadly, when I transferred branches to move home after college it was not the same experience at all. Poorly run, no product knowledge, customer service, or sales skills were evident on the floor. Employees didn't really care at all.

Going to need to keep innovating and lowering your costs to compete with Amazon. Start getting a better hiring process, as ultimately it is your line level salespeople that are going to win or lose your customers!

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy