Best Buy

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Former Best Buy Supervisor

Former Employee - Department Supervisor
Former Employee - Department Supervisor

I worked at Best Buy full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent training and networking opportunities, great benefits including tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Leadership positions are very stressful! Lack on continuity in communication...expectations vary from manager to manager, store to store. If you have an excellent manager, you will do well and learn a lot. But often managers are promoted based on numbers, not on managerial and leadership skills. High turnover in management.

Learn to talk to each other! Get on the same page! And give your employees some security by not "reorganizing" and letting people go every single spring!

6180 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Treated like a wage slave

Former Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Cranberry, PA
    Former Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Cranberry, PA

I worked at Best Buy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employee discount isn't bad if you need batteries

Cons

Total disconnect between the store and corporate level, vast pay disparity between employees and management, and utter disregard for the happiness of employees or customers.

Get rid of the entire district management structure, raise salaries in the stores, and give the store manager some actual managerial duties.

This company made me hate my life

Former Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Portland, OR

I worked at Best Buy part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Relatively okay salary for my education, flexible work hours, fast paced environment, plenty of learning experiences, frequent team-building exercises and events.

Cons

Exploited my knowledge without just compensation, hired me for one job but gave me the bait-and-switch for a part-time job, and absolutely no advancement opportunities in 3 years. Regularly took me away from my job to help other departments and reprimanded me when my job couldn't be done.

Listen to your employees. I tried every approach to improve the system, but nobody took me seriously. Instead of letting me teach the other departments how to improve themselves, they wanted me to do both jobs, and when one failed I was to blame. This isn't management, this is scat-throwing. If there's a problem you aren't addressing, and people aren't allowed to help, you're killing morale and teamwork.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy