There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

It's a love/hate relationship.

Current Employee - Multi Channel Sales Associate  in  Emeryville, CA
Current Employee - Multi Channel Sales Associate in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

+Employee Discount (For the items that are eligible, the price is the manufacturers production cost plus an additional 5%)

+Pretty flexible with hours

+Meeting cool people [coworkers & customers]

+You can move up kind of quickly

+The rare bonuses tend to be fat.

Cons

-Black Friday

-They expect too much, numbers wise. And when you reach those numbers, they drop these new rules & new expectations and tons of other things.

-Employee discount is nonexistent or useless on most core items (like TV's, laptops, etc). Employee discount is best for accessories.

-Though they tell us to express to customers that we don't get paid commission, sales departments get fat bonuses at the end of the month if they meet the crazy expectations. However, cashiers and Multi Channel Sales Associates either get none or very little.

-Managers can be unprofessional.

-The program for financial aid for college students is stupid. You must be a full time student and work full time. UMMM, I guess they expect you to have no life and be at school and work at the same time? I am a part timer and I deserve help.

I don't know how some people are chosen as managers. They are so LAZY. Like they will stand together and talk about nonsense, no way they are talking business the whole time. And don't even dare interrupt them because they will make a ugly face and complain about being busy. There is no need for a manager to keep asking why you need help or their assistance, do your job and go help out.

5730 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Good Job for person with no family

Former Employee - Sales Supervisor  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Meet Lots of people, vendor perks and pay is good if your a supervisor or higher

Cons

no work life balance its a all hands on deck environment right now got to save the company

This is for the guys all the way up top change to a pay for performance company and watch the sales increase. Also you can run these huge departments with only two people and expect them to use worksheets and then get to every customer.

A job that I have grown with and challenges me on a daily basis.

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great development program, always challenging, fair pay, never a dull moment, working with latest and greatest technology, ability to take care of our customers and ourselves, usually a fun place to work

Cons

Sometimes overrun as an individual due to the mass of the company
    Experience, knowledge, passion, and education do not always get you the job you would love
    Management hiring process needs to be more thorough to discover whats best for stores and the company

Focus on consultants and customers first and make their lives easier and better and the success will follow!

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!