Best Buy
3.3 of 5 4,727 reviews
www.bestbuy.com Richfield, MN 5000+ Employees

Wish I could have been there longer

Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

ProsManagement genuinely cared about us, awesome experience helping give customers a better Christmas, bonuses were great, co-workers were great, training was of high quality. I didn't know a ton about cameras and mp3 players, but at the end of my seasonal employment, I knew what I was talking about with point and shoot cameras and most of the mp3 players. Maybe the best part of all was that Black Friday was actually fun and safe. It was very well organized.

ConsI'll admit, it does take some time to gain adequate knowledge about the products you're attempting to sell. I was a seasonal employee and was let go after the Christmas season, but I wish I was kept. It could have done great things for my career.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to give employees more ways to learn about products, but I don't think there's much advice I would give.

Awesome

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Garland, TX

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros: They are all about the people, making it a great… Cons: It does get hectic and crazy as with any retail… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to improve the employee experience anyway possible and in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Team

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible working hours helped while I was in school Cons: The Customers! But that's sales isn't it! Advice to Senior Management: Stay the course Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly. All reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees.