There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Overall a good place to work for a student

Former Employee - Computer Specialist in Olathe, KS
Former Employee - Computer Specialist in Olathe, KS

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

The employees you work with are for the most part, really nice and helpful. You usually make friends with many of the employees you work with.

Cons

You get little recognition of sales accomplishments you achieve. The saturday morning meetings are really boring, and when it becomes holiday time, you have a meeting every saturday morning.

Advice to Management

Give more recognition to employee accomplishments. Improve the efficiency of the morning meets, a lot of time is wasted on unneeded things.

reviews filtered by
  1. Opportunity for growth...Not too bad

Current Employee - GSI Master Installer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - GSI Master Installer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

As a GSI Agent I feel the independence given and the confidence, from management, in your skill set is the biggest reason I feel satisfied with my place with in the company of Best Buy.

Cons

Sometimes too much of a good thing can be bad. All though I do quiet enjoy the independence, I it is disappointing when looking for leadership on the field.

Advice to Management

More communication between stores, field management and field agents.

2. Since the remodel.....

Current Employee - Pcho/Pe Supervisor
    Current Employee - Pcho/Pe Supervisor

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

learning more about the inner workings of what makes Best Buy tick.

Cons

told that i would have more time to develop the associate, when in fact all i am is an MOD (manager on duty) responding to key calls and answering phone calls. and taking on 3 more departments and being told that you have to have such and such done on this date, when in fact you cant get overtime and you're MOD all the time, makes no sense.

Advice to Management

give me the time to be a supervisor and get ya ll out on the floor running sales lead and manager on duty rather than relying on sup's to do your job

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy